Ballet Stars To Perform Online, a LIVE Show by Geneva Dance Events
COVID-19 crisis had a negative impact on theaters and arts venues across the globe. Geneva Dance Events is arranging a LIVE performance to keep the audience encouraged during pandemic situation.
Geneva Dance Events, an association founded by ex-Mariinsky Dancer Vladimir Ippolitov, and Russian Ballet Jewels are holding public LIVE Show on 30th May. It is a retrospective of Russian ballet – the iconic pieces of XIX and XX centuries, most interesting contemporary works and at the same time to show its different facets: virtuosity and artistry of performance and interpretations, traditions and innovation of choreography, genie of music by Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev and Shostakovich. It seemed interesting to add modern productions inspired by Russian ballet.
1. Seventh waltz from the “Les Sylphides” ballet — F. Chopin, choreography by M. M. Fokine E.OSMOLKINA, M. ZIUZIN (Mariinsky Theater)
2. Cinderella – S. Prokofiev, choreography by Christopher Wheeldon M.MAKHATELI, A.SHESTERIKOV (Dutch National Ballet)
3. Pas de deux of Odile and the Prince, “Swan Lake” — P. I. Tchaikovsky, choreography by M. I. Petipa and A. Gorsky N. KAPTSOVA, A. VOLCHKOV (Bolchoi Theater)
4. Duet from the “Fallen” ballet to the music of P. I. Tchaikovsky, choreography by Andrew Skeels. Y.AIZAWA, S.RIVA (Grand Théâtre de Genève)
5. “The Dying Swan”- Saint-Saëns, choreography M. Fokine. E. OSMOLKINA (Mariinsky Theater)
6. “Les Bourgeois” — Jacques Brel, choreography by Ben van Cauwenbergh D.SIMKIN (Staatsbalett Berlin)
7. Pas de deux of Marie and the Nutcracker Prince, “The Nutcracker” — P. I. Tchaikovsky, choreography by Y. N. Grigorovich; A. SURODEEVA, R. SAVDENOV (Ballet du Capitol)
8. “Shudder in the Loins”, choreography by Simone Repele with music by David Bryars Y.AIZAWA, S.RIVA (Grand Théâtre de Genève)
9. Pas de deux from “ The Corsaire ” – choreography Marius Petipa to music by Adolphe Adam. A. SURODEEVA, R. SAVDENOV (Ballet du Capitol)
10. Pas de deux from the “Romeo and Juliet” ballet — S. Prokofiev, choreography by L. Lavrovsky
E. OSMOLKINA, M. ZIUZIN (Mariinsky Theater)
11. Pas de deux of Kitri and Basilio, “Don Quixote” — L. Minkus, choreography by A. A. Gorsky; M.MAKHATELI, D.SIMKIN (Dutch National Ballet / Staatsbalett Berlin)