Swiss Geneva and Zürich were chosen as the best travel destinations in Europe.
Accompanied by the Russian Saint-Petersburg as the best World’s and Europe’s City destination, Geneva became the best Europe’s City Break Destination. With this victory calm and charming Geneva confirmed its status that it got in 2015 and 2014. In this nomination Geneva competed with Aarhus and Copenhagen (Denmark), Lisbon and Porto (Portugal), Rome and Venice (Italy), Belfast (Northern Ireland), Dublin (Ireland), London (England), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Berlin (Germany), Paris (France), Granada (Spain), Athens (Greece) and Russian St. Petersburg.
Zürich’s Airport Kloten was chosen as the best European Airport confirming its status, that he got in 2004. Zürich’s Kloten competed with Barcelona-El Prat airport (Spain), Hamburg Airport, Munich Airport (Germany), Heathrow Airport (England), Lisbon Airport (Portugal), Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (France), Prishtina International Airport Adem Jashari, Schiphol Amsterdam Airport (Netherlands).
10 things to see and do in Geneva
- Make a boat trip across Lake Geneva (72 km length) from Geneva to Montreux
- Admire Le Jet d’Eau (140 meters fountain in the center of the city)
- Enjoy good classic music at l’Opéra des Nations
- Have a walk around historical Old Town
- See Geneva from above from St. Pierre’s Cathedral
- Learn the history of watchmaking at Patek Philippe’s museum
- Visit Musée International de la Réforme
- Visit Red Cross Museum
- Have a traditional fondue at Café BonVin
- Have an icecream at Italian l’Arlecchino